Our new life

A peek into our lives as as we go from a family of three in America to a family of four in China!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Arrival of Hayes!

Hayes Emmaly Welch was born today, February 6, 2008, weighing in at 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long.  Hayes and mom are both doing great!  

This whole process has been so incredibly amazing - from the day Amanda told me that she was pregnant, to the day we told our parents, to the day we said that there are 120 days left, to the day we said 3 days left, to the time we said 60 minutes left, to the time she was actually born and we got to see her for the first time!  

We look forward to being parents--even though that part hasn't actually sunk in quite yet.  Thanks to all who prayed for us--for Amanda, Hayes, and me!  I made it without passing out and actually walked around in the delivery room and saw some stuff that I really didn't need to see!  It was an amazing experience and to get to do it with an incredible woman like Amanda makes it even more special.  Here are just a few of the pictures from today but I'm sure there will be plenty more in the near future.


Just after her first bath.
Her favorite activity so far
Just after making her debut!  With Mommy & Daddy in the OR.
Those chubby cheeks are so kissable!!!


5 Comments:

At 8:08 PM , Blogger the isaacs said...

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! So glad to hear that Hayes is finally here safe and sound and everything went well with her delivery...and Hank! i am SO proud of you! Can't wait to hear about the things you saw that you probably shouldn't have ;)
Ok, i love her name! and she is sooooooooooo incredibly beautiful. i mean really, she is adorable! i can't wait to see those chubby cheeks in person very soon!
congrats guys on this whole journey to parenthood...we know you will make wonderful parents...and although an adjustment, it's a wonderfully fulfilling one! Get your rest and enjoy your wee one!

 
At 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful baby! Mimi says, "We sing 'Happy Baby to You!' Manna coming over tonight? Roarrr, roarr, roarrrr. . . I a sweet lion." (I'm not quite sure what that has to do with Hayes, but who knows?) Congratulations to all of you--you make a lovely family, and we're so happy to hear that all are healthy and well. Please post more pictures in your spare time! (Ha!)

Much love to you all,
The Newlands

 
At 5:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome little Hayes and congratulations on coming to the world through such awesome people!

Gus

 
At 5:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she is so cute, I want one too. Remember you were suspost to wait for me!!!
Richard says she has Amanda's nose but so far he thinks she looks like Hank. I can' wait to hold her, we will be by tonight or tomorrow night.
We love your little family...
Love Richard and Emily

 
At 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I am so glad that Hayes is here safe and sound! I love you guys, and I can't wait to meet your new little one. Can I baby sit? That would be awsome. I will do it for free ;) Or for food. Anyway.. I just wanted to let you know how happy for you I am. God has made you guys such a blessing in my life, and the only thing I can say is... I cant think of poeple who would be more cool parents than you guys. I love my parents, but you guys are like the parents every kid would be fighting to get. I will stop rambling. Just want to let you know how happy I am for you guys......... By the way......... That is one beautiful baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home